Your facility is a reflection of who you are, and every customer visit is an opportunity to make an impression. We at Malone Design/Fabrication are experts at creating custom environments that reinforce your brand, educate and entertain your visitors, and make you proud. From idea generation through installation, we have the experience and capability to design and produce immersive and experiential environments that seamlessly integrate multiple techniques, finishes, and media, transcend the expectations of you and your visitors, and surpass our competitors in terms of quality and service.
Malone Displays began operation approximately 50 years ago. Our initial market focus was exhibits for museums, visitor centers, and trade shows, but over time has been expanded and refined to clearly reflect our core competencies.
- High quality woodwork and other fabrication – Our experience producing custom, “museum quality” casework led us into the production of architectural millwork for a broad spectrum of commercial customers. Also, in order to maintain our laser focus on durability and quality, we decided to deemphasize our efforts in the temporary (i.e. trade show) exhibit market segment.
- Designing and producing environments that communicate and connect with visitors – This is a critical competency in the museum and visitor center market. We realized these same principles apply whether the messages are educational, entertainment, or marketing oriented. As a result, creating comprehensive, branded environments for corporate, institutional and retail customers was a natural progression for Malone.
In 2002, WN Holdings, LLC acquired the assets of Malone Displays. We changed our name to Malone Design/Fabrication to reflect the fact that we are much more than a ‘display’ company. The people, experience and processes were preserved and enhanced. The acquisition brought a new management team with deep business experience and strategic ideas, as well as capital to enable the company to successfully execute the proper strategic approach. We invested in new equipment and talent. We acquired the resources and equipment necessary to provide in-house multimedia solutions, scenic recreations and models, and additional metal fabrication capabilities. As a result, Malone Design/Fabrication can truly provide a turnkey solution and design to your story, objectives and budget.
Malone Design/Fabrication is a complementary mix of craftsmen, installers, artisans, designers, audio-visual specialists, interpreters, project managers, and business administrators. Our team possesses the full set of capabilities necessary to complete most museum, branded environment, or architectural millwork projects in-house, thereby maximizing control and flexibility.
Our people have helped Malone earn numerous certifications, designations, and affiliations including:
- Architectural Woodworkers Institute quality certification
- Forest Stewardship Council certification
- Participating member in American Alliance of Museums, Southeastern Museums Conference, National Association for Interpretation, American Association of State and Local History, and numerous state museum associations
- Contractor’s licenses in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi
- National Association for Interpretation Interior Exhibit Award
- Communications Arts Award of Excellence for Illustration Exhibition
Malone Design/Fabrication operates out of an approximate 50,000 square foot facility in Decatur, GA, a suburb of Atlanta. This location provides quick access to any location in the Atlanta area as well as other markets across the country based on proximity to one of the world’s busiest airports.
Approximately 30,000 square feet are dedicated to fabrication, including areas dedicated to milling, assembly, metal fabrication, finishing, scenic production, and graphic production. Key pieces of equipment include a Weeke BP-12 CNC machining center, Altendorf F45 panel saw, Brandt Edge Bander, 12’ x 24’ enclosed spray booth, and an Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 wide format printer.